- having a cabinet that includes all the tribes in Kenya is tribalism itself;
- having all your cronies in the cabinet is cronyism and low-level corruption;
- having such a huge cabinet shows we’ve not learned anything from last yr
After yrs of virtual meltdown, coffee prices are on the up. Will coffee farmers at home benefit?
Well done to Arsenal on beating AC Milan in style-tough coming from a Liverpool fan.
Yvonne Ndege of Al Jazeera is in the firing line after a recent programme exposing some guys who help underground Kenyans with the required “makaratasi” for the UK. In the UK, you have 6 types of Kenyans living here:
- those who got papers by getting employed by companies here-very few
- those who got papers via family (marriage, parents)
- those who got papers as asylum seekers including a significant proportion who did so by assuming other nationalities
- students plus perpetual students
- those who got papers through the underground channels
- those who live on the underground
I’d say 50% (much lower than 10 years ago) of UK Kenyans fall into the last two groups and it these who‘ll feel most aggrieved because Yvonne’s programme turns the spotlight on them.