- Foreigners weren't as mad for Safaricom as Kenyans-perhaps the Jan-March crisis didn't help.
- FFIs didn't think they'd be able to make money in Safaricom if they bid over this price
- As I guessed, this is likely to be the one investor section that just about fully subscribes into IPO. This shouldn't be a big concern because I suspect a chunk of this will probably have been done by Vodafone anyway and 2ndly, I don't think many Kenyans were thrilled at foreigners getting any of Safaricom.
- Morgan Stanley probably did a targeted marketing of the IPO rather than widespread.
- I think its excellent news for those of us who are targeting the secondary market.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Safaricom IPO: Foreigners only paid Ksh5.5
Very, very, interesting... What should it tell you as a prospective investor? One of several things