- The proposal to limit foreign ownership of companies that are NSE-listed to 60% is I think a good one. Most of these pay themselves a high dividend as a way of exporting
their profits back to their home nations.
- Northern cRock's long suffering shareholders will probably get £0.40 for each of their shares under the best rescue deal being offered by Virgin. The share was trading at £12+ in Feb of this year. Mind you, its a 146 years since the last bank run on a UK bank.
- US probably has a 60% chance of hitting recession next year and UK around 30% thanks to credit crunch.
- With England (and the rest of the nations that form UK and Ireland) out of next summer's European Championships (its the equivalent of Kenya's General Election being postponed), there have been suggestions as to things the English can be doing in June 2008 ranging from National Moths night
to World Championship in Nettles eating (the English have a PHD in eccentricity).
- What exactly is the point of the Commonwealth apart from reminding us that we once a British colony?